July 08, 2012

Banana Wars

Here at the Wordshed we have an ongoing difference of opinion about bananas. Some people like them ripe, and some people like them green. I am of the former persuasion, and I hereby present for your viewing pleasure the EXCEEDINGLY RARE sight of two bananas that survived premature consumption and have reached their ideal state.


And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go emulate my very favorite Samuel Beckett character (sans reel-to-reel tape recorder, of course!).

Dammit, I think they've turned.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm with you on this, though there is a fine line between just right and a little too mushy. My co-workers always pawn off bananas that are too ripe for them, and usually I have to let them sit another day or so until they're just right for me.

serenity said...

I disagree. If there are brown spots on them they are no longer "proper". When you see pictures of bananas on the tv or in circulars they are always bright yellow. Why? Because that is how they are best. So sayith I.