June 02, 2010

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Back in the saddle again? Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves ... I've missed doing this, probably more than anybody missed reading it. Look: if you know me at all, and you do, or you wouldn't be reading this, surely, unless you're one of the two or three people a day who get here by googling Karen Allen or something (why?), you know that I'm in general not a reliable correspondent ... but I'm going to try to write at least weekly. Hell, it got me through my dissertation, am I right? (Hi Murray).

I know that the themeless rant blog is passe (sorry about the missing accent), but I still don't really have a concept in mind aside from, as I've said before, the random conversation I'd have with students before class started, back when I was in the classroom ... or, let's face it, the monologue with which I'd waste the first few minutes of class. Not wasting ... building rapport. Establishing a positive learning environment. If you will.

Anyhow, I'm shooting for once a week at least, and I'm not going to talk about work. That's about it.

Oh, and I've been watching Justified, and it's not too bad.

3 comments:

summer* said...

Justified is awesome. Raylan is adorable. The 2 girls are likable even with the accents. And I'm oddly obsessed with the theme song. Glad your back*

Rosemary said...

Whoo hoo!!!! Long live Wordshed.

Here's an idea for a post, suggested by your link (and a comment Tom made about your relationsip to Aerosmith): How about a blog about the dangers of harmonica-playing-while-driving?

JB said...

Thanks, Rose, for the prompt, though "relationship to Aerosmith" might be putting it a little strong ... I'd hate to give people the wrong idea.

Summer, I have to admit that a lot of what I like about the show is the title song. It might say something about my time and place in life that I like his boss better than I like the protagonist.